“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Thursday 31 March 2011

Oh yes wait a minute Mr Postman!

I indulged in some very naughty pre-payday purchases last week and look what arrived yesterday?

Hmmm, i bet you recognise that polka-dot packaging!

And take a look at what's inside parcel No.1 from Topshop (of course!)


Camel Hareems £20

 
Ah yes, you may notice i already have these in navy but i have a bad habit of buying the same item in different colours!




Rust Tapered Leg Trousers - £20
 Another peg-leg trouser to add to my massive collection! I really should wean myself off this shape and embrace the old-school boot cut - or maybe not.

Mink Shirt - £20
The hanger really doesn't do this shirt justice, it kind of looks like those cheap polyester shirts bank cashier's wear but on it feels likes silk! I'm not overly keen on the 3/4 sleeve or the shape but the colour is delicious, as it doesn't fit properly i will be returning this.

Brown Leather Jacket - £60
This was what i was most excited about receiving! A real leather jacket from the limited edition collection reduced from £120 - ah i'm so happy!!! I didn't realise that it's from the tall range but i prefer my jackets longer so luckily those extra few cm's really help on my 5'5" body. I predict my Topshop PU aviator jacket may get sidelined from now on. Hopefully this will be one of those pieces that gets better with age, showing signs of wear for that vintage-looking feeling.



Topshop clutch - £30

I had my eye on this at Christmas as the perfect clutch to compliment my work party dress but at £50 full price it was a little steep for my budget. I've had it in my favourites ever since waiting for it to be reduced and the other was my lucky day. I used to be obsessed with embellished clutches and have a few from Accessorize but they have seen better days now. This jewelled clutch is the perfect accessory for any night out, i just can't wait to show it off!

Parcel No2 from Miss Selfridge....

After debating over whether i could afford my Topshop order i discovered Miss Selfridge sale had just started. I was only going to have a quick look not intending to buy anything just adding items to my basket just in case.


Blouse £17.50
This does look a bit maternity to be honest and i think i could get away with a smaller size but it can be one of those tops i can wear to dinner and have a good meal without fear of a muffin top appearing! I'm a little bit hit and miss about this because of the volume, but decided combined with skinny jeans it would balance it out. This season we are seeing a lot of sheer blouses and shirts and in a really wearable blush-pink it ticks all the boxes.



Grey lace oversize shirt - £17.50

 This is one of my favourite pieces from today's haul, although it's described as grey, it's more of a spearmint colour in real-life not quite shown in this pic though. I love how it's oversized for a masculine feel but the lace detail on the arms adds a touch of feminity. Ideally i would wear this with wet-look leggings or leather trousers, i love the soft against the hard-ege feel. Both tops seem to have a 80's inspired shape to them with the bat-wing sleeves, but on the shirt this really works.


Black heeled loafers - £20

These are going to be my work shoes from now on, recently i've been wearing my Office pantent square-courts but i want to save them for evening. I have a few Primark black suedette heels but they don't really mix with driving - pedal marks and scuffs! I like the reto feel these have with the tassels and have seen some v.similar in Marks & Spencers (Limited Collection - you know the "fashion-forward" range!) 



Nude patent high heeled loafer/brogue - £25

I've seen shoes like these on River Island, Topshop and French Connection selling for around £70+ so  £25 seemed a good price to me. I was worried the patent might make them look cheap but actually they don't, again they don't look as good here but believe me they do look nicer on! I don't own that many nude shoes and these certainly fill that gap in my collection. The block heel does remind me of Abba but worn casually with my new Topshop trousers will hopefully remove that image! Suprisingly they're actually comfy, they look v.high but the platform heel makes tthem easy to walk in and unlike some patent shoes they're not too hard so don't cut into your feet. I say that from walking around the house, the real test will be a day's shopping.

In all honesty i didn't think i would like half the items i ordered but sod's law there's only one thing going back! Ah well, thats my monthly shopping done before April is already here. I'm determined not to visit any shops online to avoid temptation and the Outfit card may have to be cut up too. I still have the Groupon voucher for Asos to use but that's already paid for. Wish me luck for the rest of the month...





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...