“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Thursday 22 July 2010

Next Sale + Hangover = Bad idea!

Considering the Next sale opened at 5.00am in my local store i was very doubtful i would find anything decent and was even debating whether it was worth taking a look. Having woken up on Saturday morning with a stinking hangover by my mother hoovering i was not looking forward to the Saturday Sale Savages (SSS's) out in force complete with pushchairs ready to ram my ankles. With the amount of wine that was sunk the night before, my mum decided to drive, I'm still not sure that was the best idea as her erratic driving (she once drove the wrong way round a roundabout - don't ask!) coupled with my, let's say 'delicate tummy' was nearly a recipe for me puking all over her Peugeot's interiors. We did make it one piece and left after what seemed like 5 hours with 4 bags worth, despite a minor dispute with the mother over a pink throw - result!





The loose-fit floral shorts are the shape for right now, and make a great transseasonal piece, just add a vest, reduced from £20 to £10. For Summer days i will teaming them with bare legs and multi-strap wedges and adding opaques and a cardie in Autumn. For Summer nights team with light grey cage heels also Next reduced from £35 to £12, tan legs and a bright vest to make the colours in the shorts pop.

The beaded ruffle top is from Next's Signature range, reduced from £45 to £20. This piece I'm not too sure about, you need to have the right bra, ideally strapless so it doesn't draw away from the beaded neckline. Having a larger bust myself, going strapless is always a technically nightmare as they never seen to stay up. This would really suit a smaller bust as it adds volume and creates curves, i reckon i will be selling this to my mum! It would look great teamed with the black peg-legs, just make sure you roll up the hem and heels, taking you from the office to after-work drinks on a Friday. If anyone wants to buy I'm open to offers!



This is the aforementioned throw which nearly resulted in me walking home! I found this hiding behind some ugly red bedspreads, i think someone may have been saving this to buy later, i know that's what i do! I'm not really a pink girl, but this cerise really brightens up my (sister's old teenage) bedroom and the matching silk cushion adds a touch of luxury. The letters I've seen in Next for a while and i thought they were actually joined which would look better, but i couldn't resist as it's actually a play on words of my name and who wouldn't want a bit of loving in the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...