“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Friday 18 February 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the wall

Just a quickie OOTD post...

Today's outfit is a work look featuring a previous un-loved item my River Island grey skirt, Now i bought this skirt in the sale a few years ago and thought it would be a great addition to my working wardrobe. Usually when it comes to skirts I'm strictly a pencil type of girl, hugging in all the right places creating a curvy silhouette - i know what suits me! But this skirt is a skater-style, think Dancing on Ice rather than Avril Lavigne, and more suited to the long-legged in my opinion. I prefer my clothes to be fitted to emphasise my figure but this skirt just seems to exaggerate the size of my derriere and i definitely do not need any extra help in that area!






Favourite part of the outfit...



The accessories really help lift this outfit from blah to well not so blah! I was breaking the work dress code with this skirt, they're supposed to be at least knee length! What can i say i am a rebel :p

Top - Dorothy Perkins
Skirt - River Island
Tights - Primark
Shoes - Office
Necklace - Miss Selfridge
Watch - Michael Kors
Bag - River Island

I can't wait for the summer after seeing so many bright pieces in Topshop the other day, i think the trend I'll be rocking is colour blocking, that way i can also rework some old pieces from my wardrobe. Colour palette wise I'm drawn towards pastel shades, think Barry M's nail polishes and ice-cream colours. I picked up some great blush coloured shorts from Topshop which I'll wear with tights for now and then tanned bare legs come summer.


Although again as with the skirt i was concerned the shorts made my bum look big but i can overlook that as they're so gorgeous and versatile. Please note i wouldn't normally wear them with the t-shirt but it was what i had on at the time. They are loose fit so a fitted top or silk shirt is needed to balance out the proportions.


Here's a better pic from Topshop's website:


Tan Cupro Paperbag Waist Shorts £36
I was also torn over the Multicoloured Flower Print Paperbag Waist Shorts hmmm...



In other news I'm looking at buying a tripod so i can do proper outfit posts so if anyone has any suggestions? And I'm currently in the process of changing my hair colour, hence the headband in the photos, once it's complete and if it's a success i will show all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...