“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Tuesday 15 February 2011

It's all grey-vy (sorry!)

Today's outfit was a LGD (Little Grey Dress). It was just about acceptable for my work code of dress when teamed with some opaques - I'm not sure i could ever wear it with bare legs :P


Dress: Asos
Tights: Primark
Shoes: Faith

I've cut my face out as this was taken after work and I'd been up since 5am so definitely not looking my best.

I love the design of this dress, it's quite simple with cap sleeves and pleated detailing - see below for close-up...

Apologies for the lack of flash but it was just emphasising how dirty my mirror is
And then i came home to a parcel - my eagerly awaited Nails Inc flash sale buy. On Friday Nails Inc tweeted they were having a flash sale (can't remember the occasion) with up to 77% off, so you know me, I'm a bit of a Nails Inc whore and couldn't resist the Glamour Collection which includes 6 nail polishes for £15!!!

The polishes came beautifully presented in a small box wrapped in black tissue paper....


And inside....ta-dah!


So on the top row we have from left-right....


Tower Bridge - Deep Burgundy brown
Duke Street - Mauve/ grey
Motcomb Street - V.dark navy/black - looks black at first glance but you can see navy blue running through

And bottom row left-right....

Birdcage Walk - soft marshmallow beige/pink
Chester Square  Burgundy/wine
Pembroke Close - Lilac

Now immediately Duke Street stood out as my favourite and seeing as i was wearing grey (hence the title) i thought it would match my outfit nicely - pretty pointless as i was already at home as had planned at night in watching The Brits.


Now it looks very distinctly like a flat grey in the NOTD and a little similar to my Rimmel Grey Matter as seen here but on close inspection you can pick up on the purple undertone making it more of a mauve colour. Grey nail polish has been having a bit of a moment during A/W '10 and works well with my office attire.

I'll do NOTD with the rest of the colours in due course.

Before i go i want to say a big congratulations to Tinie Tempah on scooping 2 Brit awards, i have his Disc-Overy album constantly on repeat on my ipod, its in my car and my workout CD! I'm going to post a pic soon complete with geeky glasses to commemorate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...