“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Thursday 6 January 2011

No 1. OOTD of 2011

Hello 2011!!!

I want to try and do some more fashion posts and OOTD's and now i have an iphone hopefully this will be easier to try and keep up with - fingers crossed. I just want to say first I'm not a photographer by any means and my camera is a 6 year old crappy Olympus or the iphone so don't expect the best quality but I'll do my best for you guys!


Top - Next £12 (sale) - recent sale purchase
Trousers - Miss Selfridge
Shoes - Primark only £4 in the sale!
Watch - Michael Kors

This is one of my favourite office outfits at the moment thanks to the leopard print sheer top which i got from the Next sale at the weekend. It would look great for a night out with just a black bra underneath but i reckon that would be frown upon for work so a cami underneath makes it office appropriate. I'm also in love with peg-leg, harem and cigarette pants - basically anything that's cropped at the ankle and is not a boot-cut.

I've also been experimenting more with my hair now I've finally grown out that Pob from about 3 years ago and I'm liking the hair swooped to one side look. Hard to nail without looking a little chavvy or worse Cher Lloyd!

Hard to see in these photos the side sweep, but this is how i did it: curled hair all over, pinned to one side (left) with a large hair grip/bobby pin and then took a curled section from the left side and pinned across to the right to secure the curls. As i've got a blunt fringe it was looking a bit greasy so pinned it back into a quiff and voila!





Make-up wise i wanted to keep it simple and let the leopard print stand out, so black eyeliner, mascara, blush and No 7.'s Plum Rebellion - a rich dark raspberry. It's all about the lipstick for me at the moment - statement lips is my make-up staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...