“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Style advice needed please?

Right I've just received my online order from Warehouse and got the Maxi Knitted Dress, it fits well, if a little see-through so tights or leggings are needed to avoid getting arrested for indecent exposure, but i don't know what shoes to wear with it. The image on their website shows the length is to the floor on the model, maybe she's shorter than me but it's around low ankle on me and I've been through my wardrobe and can't see anything that looks OK apart from flip-flops or flat sandals. Help!! I'm planning on cinching the waist and combining with a fur gilet (faux of course) or a leopard print scarf or jewel-toned knit snood, so flip-flops are not really a good look in winter! Can you see my dilemma? The only ones i think may work are my multi-buckled strap grey wedges from Oasis, or i am planning on buying some Burberry rip-off shearling boots from New Look. Any ideas????

Warehouse Maxi Knitted Dress
This picture is from the Asos site and i don't think the boots look right, i have got open toe ankle boots but the length of the dress just rests on the top of the boots and looks silly - ankle bashers anyone?!

These are the Oasis wedges I'm thinking - yay or nay?

Oasis Multi Buckled Strap Wedges
Or what about the Burberry-esque boots from New Look?

New Look Buckle Boot £34.99
Any advice or recommendations greatly appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...