“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Monday 1 August 2011

Reflection

Sorry guys that I’ve been AWOL recently but in my absence i turned 25 and with it came a quarter-life crisis. You may have heard Jameela Jamil tweeting about this and I definitely can feel where she’s coming from. Hitting the big 2-5 milestone was not a celebration for me, instead it only served to highlight how little i have achieved in my life. Depressed, doesn’t even come close! When i graduated 4 years ago i envisioned my future to look bright (to quote the Orange ads), living it up in London town, climbing the career ladder, saving up for a deposit, making new friends. Instead i moved back home, took a temporary job to clear the overdraft and 4 years down the line i'm still where i started - where did it all go wrong? I worked pretty damn hard through school to get good grades not to mention the hard (and very competitive) slog of a journalism degree resulting in a 2:1 and i was expecting great opportunities to come my way. Disillusioned much?

Ok, i know the only way I'm going to get a better future is to go out there and grab it, but the future has been looking bleak for such a long time. Honestly i don’t really know what my options are for the future but maybe i'll be investing a little money in the Euromillions to fulfil my dreams.

In other news, you may have noticed i’ve changed the name of the blog, i haven’t been keen on the old one for ages, i think i was so keen to start blogging i didn’t really think it through. Hopefully The Fashion File will stick, but what’s annoying me is the URL, i may just have to start again from scratch or go back to the previous name, either way I'll keep you updated.

You will be pleased to know I didn’t stop spending whilst I've been offline, well i needed to cheer myself up somehow! So expect more outfit and recent purchases posts.

I’ll leave you with a few words from Bob Marley…

Don’t worry about a thing, ‘cause every little thing gonna be alright…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...