“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Toppers spree

I come bearing good news, my local Outfit is now stocking Topshop - yay!! So please expect regular postings of Topshop goodies and consider this as the first.

I was on the hunt for some dressy tops and Toppers always seem the best at doing that, so with my store card in hand and a 20% cardholder promotion in-store -nothing could stop me from flexing the plastic - is that the right phrase?

First up was a duck egg colour embellished crop top from their limited edition premium range.


Premium Circle And Bead Crop Top - £35
I wore this with a pair of Dorothy Perkins high-waisted harems and peep-toe heels for a night out. The ruffles don't extend to the back of the top which is a see-through mesh fabric so clever underwear is needed i wore a black lace body which also served to keep my tummy warm seeing as it was on show a little!

Here's the outfit - apologies for the crappy photo - i really need a new camera.


And a quick peek at make-up and hair to compliment - again crappy pics.


I attempted to curl and pin my hair up to show off the top - you can't really see the effect here but i must admire my well-groomed brows!  I reckon Megan Fox would be proud of them.

Next up is a silk vest/tank with chain detailing is this season's must have hue - camel, well Topshop describe it as mustard but tomato, tomahto!


Chain Sleeve Vest - £32
This top comes quite low at  the front and at the sides so again nice underwear is needed - one of the those pretty crop bra tops should do the trick if you wanna go for The Saturdays look or if you prefer to be a bit demure a black vest will work too. I was a little concerned that this might look a bit chavvy especially when wearing my Michael Kors watch so i better ease up on the bling/accessories to avoid looking like the fourth member of N-Dubz - na-na nai!

I also picked up a pair of (p)leather shorts which caught my eye, not really sure why but i'm hoping to channel Jameela Jamil and not Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman!

PU double zip shorts - £38
These do look much better on with opaque tights and a demure blouse or shirt and high heels - no over-the-knee boots allowed, i repeat no over-the-knee boots allowed - ankle boots are acceptable.  A loose fit is also essential as these are high waisted you don't want to look like you're wearing hot pants. It seems everyone is wearing leather at the moment and i can't wait to give these their debut! The only negative about the shorts is there's no pockets -  oh and they're not real leather but hey ho!

To finish my purchases are some sale vintage-y earrings.


I tried wearing these as they were intended  - odd earrings for a vintage vibe but wasn't really into it so i went back and bought a second set so now i have matching sets - still a bargain at £6 if you ask me. My favs? The outline love hearts - v.girly.


And that's all folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...